Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lois Lowry's Crow Call

Hannahlily created this gift combination inspired by Lois Lowry's new book Crow Call for a friend who adores Lowry's books. She included the book and made gifts that related to the story: a stuffed crow, plaid shirt bookmark, and cherry pies. Everything was arranged in a pretty basket for her friend.
"This is my first-ever picture book, a true story about a day I spent with my father after he returned from World War II. The illustrations were beautifully done by artist Bagram Ibatoulline. He had a photograph of me at age 9, wearing the too-large plaid shirt that is described in the story. Looking at his pictures is like looking into a magic telescope and seeing myself as a child." - Lois Lowry
Lois Lowry has also written the Newberry Award books Number the Stars and The Giver. We are anticipating this book to receive an award also.

No comments:

counter