Thursday, April 22, 2010

Millet Muffins

These are very healthy. Millet is high in fiber, vitamins and minerals and it adds a crunchy texture to the muffins.
I get millet at the bulk section of Earth Fare.
Earth Fare has a coupon this week of 20% off bulk foods.
I love the flowers Hannahlily! Thank you so much!!

Millet Muffins
2 1/4 fresh milled whole wheat flour
1 t. salt
1 t. soda
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 c. buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. honey
1/3 c. millet
Mix first five ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl mix buttermilk, egg, oil, & honey. Combine with flour mixture and add the millet.
Bake at 400 in sprayed or paper lined muffin cups for about 15 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I use the jumbo muffin pans which will make 6 muffins.

2 comments:

The Fabric Baker said...

Your Millet Muffins are sosososososo
delicious! Thank you for my wonderful surprise gift. Next time you will come in the house to visit!
Love you, Cupcake

The Fabric Baker said...

Millet Muffins are DELICIOUS!!!
I was surprised by a lovely gift bag hanging from my garage door handle. Such a Blessing from a treasured friend. Did the muffin stay long in it's pretty little container? Maybe a total of 10 min. I ate every bite. Scrumptious. Thank you Shelly for your wonderful Surprise. You brightened my day in so MANY ways.
I Love you dear friend........Cupcake

counter