Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Whole Wheat Bread

This is the whole wheat bread recipe that I use. Whole Wheat Bread
2 1/2 t. active dry yeast
3 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. salt
2 T. dry nonfat skim milk
1 T. oil
**1/4 c. honey
*1 c. warm water (105-115F)
**I replace the honey with molasses to make it healthier. The molasses will make it darker.
*the amount of water will depend on if the whole wheat is fresh ground and the weather. You will need to check after the dough has started kneading to make sure it's not too dry or wet.
This has been a fantastic mill for grinding the wheat quickly and easily.

I have been baking fresh ground whole wheat for years. I have a very heavy duty Swedish mixer and have used many bread makers. Now, I like to use this bread maker that I got at Wal-mart. It's only about $50.00. I can put all the ingredients in the bowl and program it for the dough cycle. 90 minutes later I put the dough in a oiled loaf pan, let it rise for about 1 hour. Bake it at 375 for 30 minutes.


No comments:

counter